Wish List for Door of Hope
– December 15, 2019 The following items are needed: 1) Large size diapers, sizes 4-6; 2) Laundry baskets; 3) Diaper bags; 4) Socks-size newborn to toddler; and 5) Baby bath towels &
washcloths. Any baby item is truly appreciated. Thank you. ~Marlene
Annual Cookie Walk
– Come enjoy the aroma of fresh baked cookies on Saturday, December 14th from 9 am-10:30am, as you walk down the
"cookie aisle." Price: $5.00 for ½ pound bag. Buy some for gifts…don't forget yourself! The money from this fundraiser helps our mission projects
Christmas Altar Poinsettias
– Poinsettias have been ordered to be placed on the Altar on Sunday, December 22. If you would like to purchase a poinsettia in Memory or Honor of Loved Ones, please submit
your order form and make check payable to Richardson Park United Methodist Church marked "poinsettias". Please return the form to the
church office by Thursday, November 28th. Additional forms are located in the back of the sanctuary.
Made To Crave Study Group - Meets every other Wednesday at 6:30 pm in the Lounge. Next meeting will be on Wednesday, December 4th - Kathy Rogers
SOURCE Missions Team – Meetings will be held after worship at 11:45 am. on the 1st Sunday of every month. ~Kathy Rogers
Free Lunch Thursdays
– Currently we have enough volunteers to help for preparation and serving. If you are willing to help at a later date, please
let me know. We always accept contributions of desserts, pasta, and pasta sauce and canned vegetables. If you have any questions contact Joe Tucker or Bob Collins.
LOOK! THE BOOK NOOK!
The Book Nook has all kinds of books to read and enjoy. It is in our
former parsonage as is The Shoppe at RPUMC and likewise opened Thursday from 9 AM to 1 PM and the first Saturday of each month from 9 AM to 1 PM. Our prices are the best -- 50ȼ for hardbacks and 25ȼ for
paperbacks! Bibles are free. A few special books may be specially priced.
The Children's Corner has books for children of all ages. For adults, we
have books of many categories – novels, biographies, cookbooks, crafts, reference, religion, classics, ancient and more current history, sports, etc.
Buy now for yourself and for Christmas giving! Yes! We have some Christmas books. All monies go to missions! Come and Buy!
RICHARDSON PARK CAP NEEDS YOUR HELP!
CAP is in need of plastic bags. If you have any plastic bags from grocery
shopping, please bring them in, it would be of great help. Also, the following food items are needed for their pantry: small jars of peanut butter and jelly, tuna fish, spaghetti sauce.
BAGS OF BLESSINGS
A volunteer is needed to fill the Bags of Blessings which are given out at
the Free Lunch Ministry on Thursdays. If you are interested, please contact Kathy Rogers, Missions Chair.
Bags of Blessings are truly appreciated by the recipients because they
provide nutrition when a meal isn't available. The Mission Team appreciates all the donations given by the church which make this vital
ministry possible. The supplies are running a little low and we need to restock. If you are out shopping and able to pick up a few supplies for the
bags, please feel free to purchase the following items:
- Bottled water (small 8 oz. size)
- Individually wrapped packages of the following:
- Crackers and Cheese or Peanut Butter Crackers-The 4 crackers to a
pack type (can be found at the Dollar Store)
- Goldfish (individual bags)
- Cheez-it Crackers (individual bags)
- Single serving Peanut Butter cups or Nutella cups (can be found at the Dollar Store)
- Fruit Snacks (fruit cups can be found at the Dollar Store)
- Protein Bars
Any questions, please see Lee Powell.