Hi, I'm Kathy Rogers and I'm the chair the Missions Team here at Richardson Park United Methodist
Church. The team is now meeting after worship service on the 1st Sunday of each month. We put together a budget each year, work on specific objectives and projects, organize fundraising activities and
plan volunteering opportunities for small group participation.
2017 RPUMC Mission Statement
The mission of the Richardson Park United Methodist Church is to help people experience the amazingg love of God and
develop a vital relationship with Jesus Christ.
RPUMC Missions Team Purpose Statement
The purpose of the Richardson Park United Methodist Church Missions Team is to reach out to God's children, both locally
and globally, by serving and helping to meet their spiritual, physical, emotional and social needs in a way that demonstrates God's Love, teaches the Salvation of Jesus Christ and Inspires through the Holy
2017 RPUMC Missions Team Goals and Objectives
- Continue with the "Missions Message" to educate and communicate to the church community information and opportunities
around ongoing and new missions programs and projects.
- Continue "Crafting for a Cause" to create inspirational and informational items to give away as a way of outreach and
- Orchestrate one fundraiser event to benefit RPUMC Missions.
- Encourage the RPUMC church community to get involved in one or more local and global (UMCOR) missions projects.
- Sponsor and/or support at least one UMCOR mission project.
- Continue to support Sojourner's Place financially and by volunteering to help organize their clothing closet.
- Organize one or more mission field trips to local organizations such as the Neighborhood House or Door of Hope to
learn about their mission and/or serve as part of their volunteerism program.
- Continue to support the current mission activities of the church with our time, talents, energy, prayers and funds.
- Track funds raised and volunteer hours donated associated with activities and events during the year.